Have you recently installed Windows 11, perhaps by upgrading from Windows 10 to version 11? But now you are not sure that the license of your operating system is active and therefore you have decided to carry out a search and it has directed you to this article.
Generally, if you had your Windows 10 license active and working properly, you shouldn’t have any problems upgrading to the next version of the operating system.
Same thing, in the case of a clean install, if during the latter you used an original and functional product key, the operating system license should be regularly active.
However, if in doubt, you can perform one of the procedures described in the following chapter to understand if Windows is activated or not.
How to know the activation status of Windows 11
If you have doubts about the activation status of the operating system and want to understand if Windows 11 is activated or not, you can do several things. The procedures that I advise you to try are those carried out through the app “Settings” and the Command Prompt.
Both operations are really very simple and fast, in the following paragraphs you will find all the operations to be performed step by step.
From App “Settings”
For understand if Windows 11 is activated using the app “Settings” the procedure to be carried out is as follows:
- Log in to “Settings” by pressing the keys from the keyboard WIN + I, alternatively click with the right mouse button on the Start button and then click on the item “Settings”;
- From the left side menu, select the item “System”;
- Scroll the right screen to the bottom and click on the item “System Information”;
- Click on the entry “Product Key and Activation”;
- If next to the entry “Activation Status” the entry is shown “Active”your operating system license has been successfully activated.
From Command Prompt
You can also check the activation status of Windows 11 from the Command Prompt, to do this the steps to follow are as follows:
- Type in the Windows search field “cmd”;
- Click on the entry “Run as administrator”;
- When prompted, click “Yes”;
- In the Prompt window, type the following command:
After a few moments, a pop-up window will appear with information about the activation status of the operating system.