You can access the advanced launch options in several ways, for example you can log in through the app “Settings”, from the Start menu, from the Command Prompt and in other rather simple ways. In the following chapters you will find all the procedures described step by step.
To access the advanced launch options from within the app “Settings” the procedure to be carried out is as follows:
- Press from keyboard WIN + I to access the “Settings”alternatively right-click on the Start button and then click on the item “Settings”;
- From the left side menu select the item “System”;
- Click on the item “Restoration” present in the right screen;
- Click on the button “Restart now”; present next to the item “Advanced Startup”;
- Click on again “Restart now”.
You can also access Startup Settings from the Start menu, here’s how.
- Click on the Start button,
- Click the button “Power on” (the one you use to shut down or restart your PC);
- Press and hold the key on the keyboard shiftthen click on the item “Reboot the system”.
A procedure very similar to the one seen previously is the following:
- Press the keys on the keyboard CTRL + ALT + DEL;
- On the screen that appears, click the button “Power on” present in the lower right;
- Press and hold the key shift and click on the item “Restart”.
You can also access the Recovery Environment from the Command Prompt, here’s how:
- Type in the Windows search field “cmd”then click the entry “Run as administrator”;
- Click on “Yes”;
- In the prompt window type the following command:
shutdown /r /o /f /t 00
- Awards ENTER.
Bootable USB media
If you can’t log into Windows, you can access advanced startup options via bootable USB media. To carry out the procedure you will first need to create a bootable USB stick, if you don’t know how to do it, I suggest you read the guide on how to create a bootable usb stick.
- Connect the USB stick to the PC;
- Modify the Boot menu to boot the PC via external media;
- On the first screen that appears, click on “After you”;
- Click on the item “Repair your computer” present in the lower left.
From the power key
This procedure should be performed only if the operations described in the previous paragraphs were not able to let you access the recovery environment. This can damage your PC hardware in the long run, so use it only as a last resort.
- Press the power button on the PC case;
- When you see the blue Windows logo, press and hold the power button until your PC shuts down;
- Repeat the above steps two more times;
- The third time you restart your computer, the Windows 11 recovery environment will start.
What is access to advanced startup options for
Some PC problems cannot be fixed while the operating system is running, usually this happens when the problem is related to certain system files or software running in the background. In these cases it will be necessary access the advanced Windows startup options.
When it comes to advanced boot options or startup settings we refer to a recovery environment (WinRE) that allows you to perform various operations, such as start windows in safe moderestore the system or diagnose and fix errors.
It is therefore a feature that offers several very useful tools for correcting problems or for configuring a specific setting.
Windows 11 allows you to access the advanced boot options in different ways, in the next chapter I show you the simplest and most useful procedures.